Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pin #1: Green Smoothies

In keeping with the traditional New Year's call to live healthier after the Christmas sugar overload, my first pin for the project is Green Smoothies from my Good Food board. This is actually a combo of a few different pins as there are a lot of recipes out there, from Dr. Oz to holistic healers to mommy blogs. Since greens are pricey and I hate to see them go to waste, I pretty much stuck with the same one for the whole week. It's a "Winter Smoothie" that I kind of doctored up, 1 c. kale, a handful of chard, a little bit of ginger, and 2 c. of water. I prepared Ziploc baggies with all the stuff pre-measured, except for the water of course, and drank one every morning before school. Or at least tried to, the start wasn't so bad, but the last of it was hard to get down. On Saturday, I let Earth Fare make me one, and it was excellent, probably because of the fruit overload.
I must say I felt pretty darn good and healthy drinking those things and will try some different ones out. This week is mango, spinach, and ginger. We shall see....

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! I am not even going to pretend i could drink green smoothies for 7 days!

    ReplyDelete