Sunday, January 1, 2012

The First

As I begin this first post for my first blog on the first of the year, I am reminded of my days as a student and my old friend...writer's block (dramatic music here). I've been cooking up the idea for this blog for a while now, ever since this past Fall when I was sitting with a friend discussing our latest obsessions with style blogs and the mother load of all Internet inventions, the beloved Pinterest. Nail polish tricks, a million hair styles I never dreamed possible outside the pages of a magazine, slow cooker recipes galore, all organized in one place and in reach. Pinterest, I dare say, has upped the ante. In truth, I was no slob before, I gleaned some pretty useful fashion and beauty direction from the pages of Lucky Magazine and the dearly departed Jane, but not to this magnitude and on a constant daily basis. Now, I feel the need to try to cascade braid my hair on a Tuesday and fix up furniture with chalkboard paint. Through this discussion with my friend, the student that's still in me started to wonder to what extent my day to day life had improved because of Pinterest. I admit I have been taking more care in my appearance (also read, vain), spruced up a few things in my place, and made some pretty good grub all with the help of pins from friends, followers, and my own Internet findings. All this has inspired me to start this blog in effort to actually try all those nifty ideas and see if it has any real effect on my quality of life. Each week I will choose one pin to try and document the results, culminating into 52 pins for 52 weeks. I predict I will be well feed and tired of painting my nails different Essie colors, but who knows what other skills I might pick up. If you feel so inclined to join this little social experiment, please do, and let me know what you find out about yourself or the reliability of baking soda as a cleaning product. Let the pin begin!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this idea and can't wait to see what you discover! That I can then copy :)

    ReplyDelete